Monday, May 11, 2015

SDW Parent says "Thanks for Dual Language"!

SDW Parent writes- "Hi there! I just thought I would share our experience tonight at dinner with our son. Our family went to Margaritas Mexican Grill in Waukesha for Mother’s Day. The server greeted us and said “hola.” Our son responded hola back which I think caught her off guard. She responded with how are you in Spanish and he responded back in Spanish. Then in English she proceeded to ask him if he spoke some Spanish and he said yes. We explained that he was in a dual language program at Bethesda. Throughout dinner our son and our server had conversation here and there about mother’s day, etc. in Spanish. The server commented to his father and I that her son speaks both English and Spanish (she is native Spanish speaking) and complimented how well our son speaks, she made a point to comment that his pronunciation is already very good. Of course we told her how proud we were and that he was fortunate to have an excellent teacher. Anyways, I thought that I would share what our son was able to take outside the classroom. My husband and I feel very fortunate that our son is part of this program and can’t wait until his younger sister has the same opportunity. Thanks for being such a great teacher! We owe this all to you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment