Friday, November 8, 2019

WIABE April 24-26 Kalahari Hotel




Dear TEAM. 
Teacher leadership is key to our State's development of programing for Dual Language Learners.  WIABE is a small component of that leadership opportunity that exists every day.

Our Budget this year will allow me to reserve 5 ROOMs and to pay for conference attendance for 5 STAFF.  There are no monies available for subs on April 24th.  This means I can send 5 staff in single occupancy, or 10 in double occupancy (if at least five are presenting)

If you are interested in attending the conference or presenting at it, I want to be really clear about the the expectations in order for me to fund your experience:

1.  If you plan to present, you need to share your proposal to me before submitting to WIABE.   I will let you know whether I will be able to support it.  When you share your proposal, you must indicate if you will share a hotel room or not.

If I do not support your proposal, yet you choose to submit and are accepted, you will be on your own for hotel accommodations unless we have space (ie. the resources I can provide are not already assigned to other staff).

  • Your proposal is most likely to be supported if you have never presented before
  • Are presenting with someone you will share a hotel room with
2. I will prioritize our department support around the following topics:
  • Secondary 6-11 Dual Language
  • Biliteracy Development, teaching for Biliteracy
  • ENIL
  • Content Based Paired Biliteracy


WIABE Conference Presentation Submission

WIABE Student Art Contest

No comments:

Post a Comment